Shipping is a side dish to the main course, i.e the canon. It’s neither a start nor an end. Like most otakus, I enjoy any series for what it has to offer including the music, depth and characters. The fanon comes later, off which shipping is an integral part of. Haikyuu canon ships are no different regardless.
Occasionally though I love getting involved in a war of words over shipping. Haikyuu is no different.
But at the end of the day you feel compelled to return to where it all began, because that’s what gave you meaning in the first place. Regardless, let’s take a look at the Haikyuu ships we have at our disposal right now.
Here is the complete list of Haikyuu Canon Ships
- Kageyama/Hinata (kagehina)
- Asahi/Nishinoya (asanoya)
- Iwaizumi/Oikawa (iwaoi)
- Akaashi/Bokuto (akaboku or bokuaka)
- Kuroo/Kenma (kuroken) and Kuroo/Tsukishima (kurotsukki), which are equally popular Kuroo ships.
- Tsukishima/Yamaguchi (tsukkiyama or yamatsukki)
- Daichi/Sugawara (daisuga)
#1 KageHina : Kageyama X Hinata
Both Kageyama and Hinata have an awesome dynamic when they’re together both on and off court. Their bickering has a special place in every haikyuu fan’s heart. On paper, both of them are effectively married to volleyball, only time will tell whether we’ll get to see another side to it on screen.